Monday, 07 April 2008 14:42 |
Sample purpose statement for a Resident Support Group
Purpose of the group
The Group's purpose is to ensure that the best care and services are provided at nursing home name to maximise the quality of life and well being of the residents. The Group will represent and promote the rights and interests of the residents in relation to the delivery of those services.
How will it achieve this?
- Regular, advertised meetings will be conducted.
- Attendance is open to all residents, relatives, and friends.
- There will be a chairperson and secretary of the Group.
- Although each meeting will have an advertised agenda, there will be a minimum of formality.
- The meetings will provide a confidential forum to share information and discuss issues relevant to the residents, relatives and friends.
- Minutes, in the manner of a record of proceedings, will be taken and made available to all. The anonymity of individuals will be preserved in the minutes.
- Following each meeting, the chairperson and/or the secretary will discuss matters raised at the meeting with the manager/staff appointed member of the nursing home. The wishes of the Group will be expressed and the manager's response will be reported back to the Group.
- Communication may also occur with whoever is thought to be appropriate on given matters.
- The Group will seek information about residents’ rights, and the responsibilities of the nursing home towards the residents, when appropriate.
- The Group recognises that all staff and management at the nursing home contribute to the care and wellbeing of residents and the Group aims to have a positive, supportive relationship with them.
- Above all, it is recognised that the Group, and its meetings, belong to the residents, relatives and friends.