The use of the Aged Care Crisis Inc. website constitutes agreement with the following terms and conditions.
Aged Care Crisis maintains this website (the “Site”) as a courtesy for those who may choose to access it (“Users”). The information presented here is for information purposes only. The views expressed are the personal opinions of contributors named explicitly or implied. They may not represent the views of Aged Care Crisis or any other organisation unless specifically stated.
The views expressed are the personal opinions of the experts named. They may not represent the views of Aged Care Crisis or any other organisation unless specifically stated. Aged Care Crisis attempts to provide a range of views from the community and academic/research community.
Users may submit articles or content for publication under the following terms and conditions:
- Publication of any content you submit to us will be at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to make additions or deletions to the text or graphics prior to publication, or to refuse publication.
- You grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide licence to publish and communicate to the public any content you submit to us in any format, including without limitation print and electronic format.
- You warrant that any content you submit is your own original work and that you own the copyright and any other relevant rights. If you would like to tell us about content that isn’t your copyright and which we may want to use, please tell us who owns it so we can ask permission to republish.
- You warrant that the content you submit is not obscene, offensive or otherwise illegal.
- You agree not to submit content that is deliberately intended to upset other users.
- You will take reasonable steps to ensure that any content you submit is not defamatory of any person. If you suspect that content may be defamatory (or if you are not sure), you must tell us at the time you submit the content to us.
You acknowledge that any breach of these conditions may cause us damage or loss. You agree to indemnify us in full and permanently against any third-party liabilities, claims, costs, loss or damage we incur as a result of your breach of conditions (2) to (6) above. You must act honestly and in good faith in your dealings with us and (if requested) you must provide us with reasonable assistance to settle, defend or investigate any third party claims arising as a result of our publication of content you submit to us.
We reserve the right to remove your access to individual services completely if we believe you are abusing the services in any way.
We collect statistics on visitor traffic to our website through "cookies". These are anonymous and do not identify you. We may also anonymously track your visit to our website by using information collected by others. For example, we use Google Analytics Demographics which tells us things like gender, age range and interests of site visitors - without giving us any information that could be used to identify you. This enables us to better understand how our website is used and what you are interested in. If you prefer not to allow this, you may be able to adjust your browser to turn off use of "cookies" or notify you when they are being used. You can also opt out of programs like Google Analytics if you wish: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas or take advantage of certain features on our website. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
Third party sites and information: This site may link you to other sites on the Internet or otherwise include references to information, documents, software, materials and/or services provided by other parties. These sites may contain information or material that some people may find inappropriate or offensive. These other sites and parties are not under our control, and you acknowledge that we are not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, decency, or any other aspect of the content of such sites, nor are we responsible for errors or omissions in any references to other parties or their products and services. The inclusion of such a link or reference is provided merely as a convenience and does not imply endorsement of, or association with, the Site or party by us, or any warranty of any kind, either express or implied.
Aged Care Crisis grants permission to Users to visit the Site and to view and print the information, documents and materials (collectively, “Materials”) from the Site for the User’s personal, non-commercial use, without any right to resell, modify or redistribute them or to compile or create derivative works from it, subject to the terms and conditions outlined below, and also subject to more specific restrictions that may apply to specific Material within this Site.
Materials provided on this Site are provided “as is”, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Aged Care Crisis specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any such Materials.
Aged Care Crisis adds, changes, modifies, improves or updates the Materials on this Site without notice. Under no circumstances is Aged Acre Crisis liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered that is claimed to have resulted from the use of this Site, including, without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto. The use of this Site is at the User’s sole risk. Under no circumstances, including but not limited to negligence, is Aged Care Crisis or its affiliates liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, even if Aged Care Crisis has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
The User specifically acknowledges and agrees that Aged Care Crisis is not liable for any conduct of any User. This site may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. Aged Care Crisis does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any User of this Site or any other person or entity. The User or any person associated with the User must not rely upon any material in this website in deciding to take or omit to take any action and must take their own specific legal or other advice before doing so. Reliance on any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information is solely at the User’s own risk.
Neither Aged Care Crisis or its affiliates, or any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers, are liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any Site content, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor are they liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting from them.
As a condition of use of this Site, the User agrees to indemnify Aged Care Crisis and its affiliates from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of the User’s use of this Site, including, without limitation, any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach by the User of these Terms and Conditions. If the User is dissatisfied with any Material on this Site or with any of its Terms and Conditions of Use, the User’s sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site.
If this Site contains comments, bulletin boards, chat rooms, access to mailing lists or other message or communication facilities (collectively, “Forums”), the User agrees to use the Forums only to send and receive messages and materials that are proper and related to the particular Forum. By way of example and not as a limitation, the User agrees that when using a Forum, he or she shall not do any of the following:
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information;
- upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy and publicity) unless the User owns or controls the rights of these or has received all consents as may be required by law;
- upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer;
- delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded;
- falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
- advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests or chain letters, or download any file posted by another user of a Forum that the User knows, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner;
The User acknowledges that all comments, Forums and discussion groups are public and not private communications. Further, the User acknowledges that chats, postings, conferences, e-mails and other communications by other Users are not endorsed by Aged Care Crisis, and that such communications are not to be considered to have been reviewed, screened or approved by Aged Care Crisis. Aged Care Crisis reserves the right to remove, for any reason and without notice, any content of the Forums received from Users, including, without limitation, e-mail and bulletin board postings.
Preservation of immunities - Nothing here constitutes or can be considered to be a limitation on or a waiver of the privileges and immunities of Aged Care Crisis, which are specifically reserved.
General information: Aged Care Crisis reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the Site or any Materials in any respect and for any reason. Aged Care Crisis has no obligation to take the needs of any User into consideration in connection therewith. Aged Care Crisis reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any user access to this Site or any portion of the Site without notice. No waiver by Aged Care Crisis of any provision of these Terms and Conditions is binding unless it is in writing and signed by its duly authorised representative.